OUR MISSION. OUR VISION.
WHO WE ARE
Wisconsin Student Government (WSG) is comprised of student representatives from the 16 Wisconsin Technical College System technical college districts in the State of Wisconsin. WSG is organized as a 501(c)(6) organization under tax codes of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and is a nonpartisan organization.
Wisconsin Student Government believes that education is a right.
Wisconsin Student Government supports the rights of any person to receive an affordable public education.
Wisconsin Student Government represents and advocates for WSG students at the local, state, and national levels for the purpose of communication and educational involvement. We shall use our democratic rights through the cooperation of members to further the promotion of the WTCS.
2022-2024 WSG Positions
1. WSG supports an investment of $1 Million over the next biennium to provide grants to each technical college for the creation of open educational resources (OER) which may be utilized by all colleges within the Wisconsin Technical College system to reduce the cost of textbooks which can help defray student debt.
2. WSG supports an increase of $11.8 million GPR in each year of the biennium to increase the average WTCS Wisconsin Grant award to $1,100 and to expand the pool of eligible students to those enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. Along with the increase of the grant award, WSG supports the replacement of the 10 semester and six-year caps with a maximum credit limit of 128 hours. This aligns with the Wisconsin GI Bill eligibility limit.
2023-2024 Meeting Schedule
- October 6 & 7, 2023 – Meeting – hosted by Nicolet College, Rhinelander
- November 10, 2023 – Meeting – host TBD
- January 12, 2024 – Meeting – hosted by Northcentral Technical College, Wausau
- February 18-20, 2024 – Legislative Seminar, Madison Concourse in Madison
- April 12, 2024 – Meeting – hosted by Mid-State Technical College, Stevens Point