Wisconsin Student Government provides many benefits to its members. It is an organization whose primary purpose is to advocate for the Wisconsin Technical College System and the students attending individual campuses and the 16 districts. The primary benefit is a united student advocacy voice. Some of the benefits which individual colleges and campuses will experience include:
- Receiving crucial information on proposed and passed legislation dealing with education in the technical college system.
- Establishing communication and a working relationship with educational, government, and political leaders.
- Participating in and positively affecting the legislative process as it pertains to the technical college system.
- Working together on projects that will benefit student success through education, both now and in the future.
- Networking and developing camaraderie among student governments and their members from the 16 technical college districts.
- Collaborating with the WTCS, college administrations, and fellow students to create positive change benefitting students attending the technical colleges.